Summer is here!!! Bring out the juicers, blenders and nutribullets. It’s smoothie time. Simple, refreshing and the perfect thirst quencher! Papayas, its been way too long. I haven’t had them in over 5 years. Now that’s just criminal, considering its one of the fruits I enjoyed most growing up.
The color alone boasts its nutritional benefits. Loaded with vitamin C, B vitamins, carotenes , flavonoids and more. With this smoothie, you can’t help but sit back, relax and imagine yourself on a tropical Island…….Or you can sit on your balcony, listen to the birds chirping and enjoy the long awaited summer in Wisconsin.
No need for any added sugar.
Kids running around the yard on a hot summer day? A pitcher of this will definitely help them stay hydrated and also coming back for more.
Tropical Papaya Smoothie
- ~ 1 1/2 lb. Papaya cubed
- 5 oz. cucumber sliced
- 1 lemon peeled and sliced ( 4 oz.)
- 3/4 inch cube ginger ( 0.5oz)
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- some ice cubes for chilling smoothie
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately over ice , or chill and serve later in the day ( Shake well before serving)
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and lemon wedge