Breakfast should never be boring, even if you’re running late ( Like me most of the time). I refuse to skip breakfast, last resort will be running out the door with an oatmeal shake in hand! But never will I go hungry for any reason; that’s just criminal.
This here is one of my quick leisurely breakfast ideas when I have a few minutes to spare. So simple there really isn’t much to say about it other than boast about its simplicity.
Makes 2 Servings
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 Roma tomatoes dices
- ¼ c thinly sliced red onions
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
1. Heat oil in medium skillet, add in onions / garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Then add in tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. At this point season to taste with salt and pepper
3. Finally add eggs, do not break the yolks. Cover and cook for ~ 5 minutes or until whites are completely cooked.
4. Plate, garnish with parsley and enjoy this easy, yet delightful breakfast. Can be served with toast, waffles or pancakes!