Rainy Halloween days call for a hearty , warm flavorsome stew in this household. Let’s just say mother nature is not smiling down on the ” trick-or-treaters” here. No baked treats or candy this year; but our wonderful neighbor has a huge plastic pumpkin filled with all the delightful sweet treats we crave. For now, we’re being good and spending Halloween with a huge bowl of stew and a marathon of scary movies.
Here, is a simple stew that should please most if not All!!!
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3 celery stalk chopped
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 14.5 oz can hunts diced tomatoes (Unsalted)
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb bag frozen seafood medley (Thaw in cold water and drain)
- ~ 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in skillet. When hot add onions and cook for ~ 2 minutes. Then add in garlic , celery and cook for ~ 5 minutes.
- Add in diced Roma tomatoes , stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in seafood medley, cover and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Lastly add canned tomatoes, vegetable broth, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice or some freshly baked bread.
I enjoy left overs but when it comes to seafood, I’d rather not run the risk. If you made extra and want to save some for left overs please store at an appropriate temperature and for no more than 2 days. Food poisoning is real and very unpleasant, be safe.