No time for breakfast? Here is your chance for a delightful yet simple breakfast that will keep you full throughout the morning. Quaker Oats is my lifesaver during a time crunch and there are so many reasons to make it yours too. Try this simple recipe and let me know how it works for you. There are so many substitutes that can be used and I will highlight them on the ingredient list
Baked Cranberry Cinnamon Oatmeal with raw Honey
· 1 c Quaker Oats
· 1 ¾ c Almond milk (Can sub with coconut/ soy or regular milk)
· ¼ c organic dehydrated cranberries
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· ½ tsp vanilla extract
· 1-tablespoon brown sugar (Stevia- just a tiny pinch!)
· 1-tablespoon raw honey
· 1 green apple (Washed and sliced in to wedges)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients (except brown sugar) and transfer into a lightly greased oven safe baking dish. Size? Dish should be half full with content.
3. Mix sugar, vanilla and almond milk in a separate bowl, pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
4. In a small cookie sheet, layer apple wedges, sprinkle with cinnamon and a little bit of brown sugar, and bake along side oatmeal
5. Bake for ~ 20 minutes or until most if not all liquid has been absorbed.
6. Transfer into serving plates or bowls, top with baked apples, drizzle with honey and enjoy. Fell free to add more almond milk, sugar and honey