A bowl of greens can become much more when you put a little love and creativity to it. They say eat your greens but no one said it had to be boring. Here’s to transforming the ordinary into extraordinary and enjoying every bite!
This salad was quick and got me going when my day off work suddenly became an “errand day”. The highlight is obviously the chicken which was marinated with the Mekko Dry rub from Essiespice.
west African grilled chicken salad
- ~ 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoon Essiespice Mekko Dry Rub
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 4 bamboo skewers
- Soak skewers in water.
- Wash chicken under cold water. Pad dry with kitchen towel and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine rub, parsley and olive oil with chicken, mix well and let marinade for about 45 mins.
- When ready, preheat stove top grill (medium – high) . Thread 4 chicken pieces per skewer.
- Drizzle some olive oil over grill. Cook chicken on each side for about 5-6 minutes until done.
- Combine mixed greens and peppers in a large bowl and toss with serano honey vinaigrette
- Tranfer to serving bowls and top with chicken skewers.
If you don’t have Essiespice Mekko Dry Rub , you can marinade the chicken with powdered roasted peanuts, ginger, garlic, onion, chili pepper, salt and some olive oil.