Chia Pancakes with Strawberries
Chia Pancakes! A great morning for most starts with a cup of coffee or tea depending on where you are around the globe. Pancakes, Bread and tea, puff puff and beans, akara and beans, fried plantains and eggs, bread and pap……these were some of my favorite breakfast items growing up. ( Still are!). Pancakes or crepes like some will call was definitely top of the list. My mother’s recipe was super simple, sugar, flour, eggs and milk. Sweet , warm , soft breakfast delight. Today I’m giving this childhood best-loved breakfast a little boost.
Oh! No time for breakfast? Just figured out (MAYBE NOT!) if I go to bed two hours earlier than I usually do, I can treat myself to these moist, warm, melt in your mouth delight! Super easy and it really did brighten my morning and subsequently my day. Added some chia seeds for a little boost and crunch, topped off with some fresh strawberries and some amazing Wisconsin maple syrup.
Gotta indulge once in a while.
Easy Chia Pancakes (Crepes) with fresh strawberries
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 medium egg
- 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. chia seed
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 -1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1-2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- Whip egg, sugar and salt until creamy. Then add in milk and mix well.
- Whisk nutmeg, chia seed and flour separately, then slowly add into egg mixture 1/4 cup at a time while gently mixing. (Optional- Set for 15-20 minutes)
- Using a non stick medium small fry pan (10 inch) greased with Pam Spray, fry pancakes until golden brown on each side. Use about 1/4 cup batter at a time.
- Fold , then top with fresh strawberries and a drizzle of warm maple syrup.