This protein packed roasted sweet corn salad provides just the right body fuel. Staples from home taking on a different look in a bowl. If you walk around a busy market in Cameroon you will probably come across vendors selling some roasted corn on the cob. We do not add butter, just some sweet freshly harvested corn roasted on charcoal . Served with some boiled fresh groundnuts or African plums (when in season). I do miss this dearly; roasting sweet corn in the oven is the closest I can get to this.
Sometimes, I just drizzle some olive oil , toss and bake until golden brown. This simple recipe fulfills my cravings for roasted corn in a special way.
Roasted Sweet corn and black bean Salad
- 2 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup lightly salted cooked black beans
- 1 cup roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons pineapple balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Harissa infused olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vegenaise
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients and mix well. Then set aside
- Preheat oven to 375. Toss corn with a little olive oil, layer on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Combine beans , corn and lettuce in a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add in vinaigrette, mix well and serve.