Coconut Sweet….one of my favorite childhood memories. The amount of sugar was never a concern for me back then but it sure is now. This simple recipe definitely deviates from the traditional recipe and has less sugar (relatively). This is a simple three ingredient recipe, feel free to add other flavors to make it you own.
- 1 1/2 C freshly grated coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat Oven to 350
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix well
- Line a cookie sheet with some parchment paper or aluminum foil and spread coconut mixture ( thin layer)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until brown and crispy. Make sure to check and gently stir often because this burns very quick if you don’t keep an eye on it.
- Once ready, set on the counter to cool and you’re all ready to go. [\recipe]
This is a great snack and also one of my favorite toppings on my oatmeal and yogurt breakfast. Any left overs could be stores in an air tight container for ~2 weeks but its so delicious mine could only survive for 3 days.